Basement waterproofing takes all potential entry points into consideration. This may include gaps around the window, cracks in the foundation wall, existing drainage systems, & more. The cost of basement waterproofing varies on a lot of factors that we wish to discuss further. Continue reading to learn more.
Cost of Basement Waterproofing & What It Depends on
The size of your basement, the extent of water damage, and the current condition of your basement all come into play when determining a cost estimate for basement waterproofing. Professionals will inspect your entire basement to provide an appropriate estimate. Here are a few things that basement waterproofing cost depends on:
- Size of the basement: The size of the basement defines the estimated cost for waterproofing. Larger basements will generally require more materials and labor, which can increase the overall cost.
- Existing wet basement issues: Firstly your basement needs to be restored for all existing water damage. This may include addressing mold growth, wood rot, cracks & other moisture-related issues.
- Sealing cracks: All existing cracks including those on the wall & floor needs to be repaired to stop further water intrusion. Otherwise, the waterproofing remedies are basically useless.
- The unique drainage system needs: A drainage system is installed according to the unique structure of your home & basement’s needs. Some aspects of this also depend on the geological location of your home.
- Sump pump installation: A sump pump is involved in the cost as it acts as the heart of the waterproofing system. It actively pumps water away from your basement & is much more efficient than traditional footing drains.
- Dehumidification: A dehumidification system is required to maintain proper moisture levels in the basement. It prevents excess moisture & keeps the basement dry.
Basement Waterproofing: When to Contact A Professional
If you see water leaks in the basement, or a musty odor coming from downstairs, your basement needs attention. You must act promptly to protect your property from damage and your family from illness due to moldy conditions.
When you notice such conditions in the basement, consider waterproofing it to eliminate the issues. Call our certified professionals at (205) 839-7950 for a comprehensive inspection. Ox Foundation Solutions can provide you with an estimate of the cost of basement waterproofing.